27 February 2011

Technophobic

It is really annoying whenever I find myself in a situation in which I have to talk about things that I'm least informed on.

Like the latest gadgets in the market. It's not that I don't care, it's just that....

Well, fine, honestly, I just don't care.

Case of point number one :

I've been using a MacBook Pro for the last couple of months and naturally I have friends asking me about its specs. Technical specs, rather than the aesthetic ones. You know what, I'm the last person anyone should ask that question to. If you are not already sold on the product, you won't find yourself wanting to buy one after hearing me talk about it. No chance that Apple will appoint me as their spokesperson in this entire lifetime, even though they are going broke, and I'm the only person who's willing to work for them for free. Yeah, I stink that bad.

With my old laptop, all that I ever needed it for was to browse through Facebook pages, stream movies and songs, the occasional downloads, simple photo editing, Skype-ing, among other basic computing tasks.

When my 3-year-old Compaq was getting too problematic and too slo-o-o-w for my patience, for the well-being of my mental health, I decided to replace it. The price margin between a MacBook and other good laptops out there is not tremendously huge, so I thought why not go for it.

Things haven't changed with this new laptop. I still need it for those same basic tasks. I haven't developed a love for gaming or film editing so far.

So that's the story of how I ended up with a MacBook Pro without actually being a pro in computing and stuff. But after using it for quite some time now, I'm amazed by the effort those creative team at Apple has apparently put into the production of this machine, seeing how every littlest detail has not gone unnoticed. Getting used to this laptop takes a full day or two, but later, you'll be amazed at how easier easy things could get.

Feel like buying a MacBook Pro now? See?

Case of point number two :

Team Blackberry vs. Team iPhone vs. Androids?

Who cares?

I know, I don't. Not until the time comes when I actually have to decide between the three anyway.

See. That's what I hate. I hate that I sound like a total bimbo when I talk about gadgets.

And that label is quite bothersome because 1) I know I'm not actually stupid and 2) I know I'm not cute enough to appear adorable talking like a bimbo.

Period.

So yeah. I will try to be more informed about the whole gadget-craze in the future.

No comments: