04 November 2010

Essentials Approaching Winter

Being a true tropical girl, I'll be needing these things to fight the gradual withdrawals of sunlight. Yeah yeah I know, I did complain about the heat once in a while during the summer break in Malaysia but hands down, I prefer the heat better than 3-4 months of melancholic weather. It's not even over-the-top to say that I'll be suffering to some extent mild winter depression comes the season...

1. Caffeine with cinnamon + honey instead of sugar. - Lovin' em Krueger. Checked.
2. Extra lighting to give the impression of longer daylight. - Ikea's lamp stand with 100W energy-saver bulbs. Checked.
3. Sweat-breaking activities to promote endorphin release. And good companies to share those good laughs. - Climbing. Step dancing. Probably joining a dancing class soon. Checked.
4. Lots of good music, suitable to the weather. - Abby Dobson, Eisley, The Cranberries, the good ol' 90s alternative rock.. Checked.
5. A reliable knee-length parka that goes with almost anything - Boring, yes, but this winter, by hook or by crook, I'm going to stay comfortable. Won't let the winter chills trigger another shivering episode. Checked.
6. Cute dresses to wear under the parka. - I won't sacrifice dressing up for the unforgiving winter. Doesn't matter if the dresses are not going to be seen anyway under the parka, but hey, the most important thing is I know I'm dresses good so I'll feel good. Half-checked. Looking forward to a shopping spree at asos.de hihihi.
7. Benetint to fight of the pale and dull complexion. Pending. Mahalnya 32 euro.. =(
8. Good attitude. Smile, smile and smile more to trick my brain into thinking I'm enjoying the lack of sunlight. Ughh I'm a terrible liar.
9. Rewarding hobbies to occupy myself with. Checked.
10. Finishing of the papers so that I don't have to embrace another winter holed up in the room, studying! Must-have.

No comments: