21 December 2010

Heaven or Hell

I wonder.

What would heaven be like?

Other than a paradise of gardens beneath which rivers flow... I'm sure it would be more beautiful than anything man has ever set his eyes on. An unimaginably sublime sight, more magnificent than the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, beyond picturesque than a perfect summer day in Capri island, grander than the lost world of Macchu Picchu amidst the lush green mountains, its existence evoking more tranquility than the sound of mighty Iguazu waterfalls...it is heaven after all, created by the Creator Himself.

But will I forget all the confusions and insecurities I've had during my time here? Will it be like an instant revelation, every piece of information finally coming together, fitting each other without so much as a gap for a fleck of dust, and man will feel so ashamed of his foolishness for not seeing what's so apparent before their eyes all this while?

Will I forget every feeling, every frustration, every small victory that I've gathered thus far? Will they be insignificant and trivial?

Will fear and restless anticipation overwhelm every other emotion?

Will lovers forget each other once they have fairies with glorious beauty on their side?

Will all the questions and all the things I've wanted to say to my father once I get to meet him in the afterlife seem irrelevant? Will I still miss him as much and be happy to see him after what will be a very, very long time?

See, my minuscule mortal mind is incapable of making sense out of this.


Have a nice holiday people. God bless.



No comments: