04 September 2011

Hippie Baby

Instead of taking the tram, I decided to walk all the way to the park again today. I (think I've) lost a cm or two off of my waistline after the fasting month. Intend on keeping the current stat for a little while longer ergo the walking part becoming necessary.

I was halfway to the park when I saw a baby (he must have been no older than 15 months), walking out the door wearing pampers and nothing else, a pacifier in his mouth.

He has that cheeky gleam in his eyes, and was running away as if tasting freedom on his skin for the very first time.

I was like, fine, cute baby and all, now where's the mom?

I slowed down my pace, just to wait for someone, if not the mom, an older brother or sister then, to walk out of the door and watch over the baby.

One, two, three, four steps, and nobody appeared.

Okay this is not so fun anymore.

The baby stepped onto the soil which holds a tree to the ground on the side of the pavement, chuckling while at it. I cringed at the sight. Eughh. Better not be any dog poop there.

In a swift, the baby headed towards the main road and my heart skipped a beat. Luckily traffic wasn't as heavy on this part of town, heck on this part of the world even. I took the baby by the arm and led him back to the pavement.

I asked him, in German, "Where is your mama?" to which he repeated happily after me, ''Mama." This went on several times. *sweats*

I took him to the door from which I saw him coming out from just now. There must have been like 15 names beside the front door that I wasn't sure if ringing all the bells would be a good idea.

I asked him, again, "What is the name of your mama?" to which he again ever-so-happily repeated the word ''Mama." *sweats some more*

O-K. This is going to be pretty hard. What should I do with this baby???

Just as I was considering to adopt this cute baby, a boy of about 5-6 years old opened the door, took the baby by the hand, all the while keeping his eyes on me without saying a word, and closed the door in my face.

"Well, you're welcome for saving your lil' brother from being hit by a tram, which would surely get you grounded like forever!!"

No comments: