16 January 2011

Spinning On the Pivot of Chaos


I'm sure you've seen the spinning woman test as ads on numerous website pages. (try the test here, and let's compare result! ;)) Most of the time, I bet you just ignore them. Like I did. Up until last night. While taking a short break from Kinect (we were busting our asses to get the 5 gold stars for all songs), I'd decided to give it a try.

I immediately saw the woman pivoting clockwise. Tash told me that she could alternate the direction of which the woman is spinning. I tried to see it, but just couldn't.

I've concentrated, tried all the tips that she'd given me, but no. I failed. The woman kept spinning in the clockwise direction. Wth? It was frustrating. Very frustrating. I felt like the naked Emperor. I felt like being in a crowd in which everyone was pointing to the sky, admiring a double rainbow, and I was the one isolated, not being able to see what everyone else could.

After several failed attempts, I succeeded. The trick was to concentrate on the tip of the foot and change the reality that you were seeing.

Later I learnt that the majority would see it turning anti-clockwise. Suddenly the fact that I am in the minority makes the whole frustration pointless; in fact it is gratifying to be one of the minority.

Those who see it turning clockwise mainly relies more on their left side of the brain, which handles the creative processes of the brain. They hate details, are big (day)dreamers, remember faces but not names. Well that explains it.

My theory is, the years I've spent here have gradually hampered my right brain function. My math skills has degraded, and to think that I used to be quite good at it. Now it's just a mess.

Anyhow, I'm not lamenting because I prefer my current perspective of life and its abundance of possibility.

*****

For the record, I can't pronounce the letter 'R' since forever. And I didn't purposely mispronounce the letter to be unique. To clarify a mean accusation from the boyfriend.

*****

Jangan jual diri anda pendek. Untuk apa jua sekalipun.

*****

I think Najib's effort to answer questions posted on his Twitter is a good idea. It provides a direct communication between him and the people.

*****

I just learned that Pompeii is actually in Italy. How in the world did I get the impression that it is in Vietnam all this while is pretty disturbing.

*****

Have a great relaxing Sunday everyone!


3 comments:

Feezah Hanimoon said...

aku nampak dia tukar2! lols.... geng ngn tasha lah. ang kena praktis lg. haha

Asma Azizan said...

haha dulu aku pn ingt pompeii dkt vietnam or cambodia. nama dia kot yg tak italian.

aku series nk pegi pompeii, kt situ ada tinggalan org jadi batu. cool giler

jera said...

moon : otak kanan n kiri hg sama kuat. bagus. aku kena start practice hg pny latihan jari tu la!

asma : kn kn? nama dia series mcm vietnam. tu la, aku tgk docu td. awesome...