20 January 2011

Shopping Diet

Got this awesome idea from a fashion blogger (which I can't remember but she's awesome and once I remember I'll link her here) while fashion-blog-hopping few days ago. You can't go anywhere now without seeing giant posters with 4-devilish-letters on it staring and hypnotizing at you.

I'm talking about SALEs.

The blogger (whom I still can't remember) came up with a new kind of diet, a fun one, in which she could spend only 100 Euros in a month which will end in Feb 7th. By the time I stumbled upon her blog, she was already down to 60 Euros.

What a concept. Brilliant! So I am putting myself on a diet too. Making a list of what I want to buy and stick within a definite budget. There's a catch : I can only buy what's on the list. Because that's what I want and need.

Consumerism, where would all the fun be without you.

So here's the list.

Item number 1 : A perfect fit harem pants that won't make me look like I am wearing a diapers. Preferably from jersey so that the cut would fall gracefully instead of bulking an existing pile of bulk. This grey is my personal favorite. It is purr-fect; the cut, the material, the length.


Until I saw this printed harem pants which is uber-cool-super-awesome. But maybe it's because the person rocking it is The Gwen.


Cool gila jadi mak stylo. Then again, the whole idea of getting pregnant, having your belly stretched wide out, carrying a life inside you for 9 months (I can't go a week without bumping into something and bruise myself -.-) and then pushing a breathing creature out into the world through a hole down there scares the crap out of me. It gives me shiver just thinking about it. They say the maternal feeling will come naturally once you are ready; well, I hope I will be ready one day. But not before 30. Okla, maybe 29. Crap, that's like a mere 5 years away from now.

Anyhoo, let's go back to the fun part.

I can't resist putting another picture. They are one of the few last still-standing-Hollywood couples. And the hottest. With the coolest kids! Is that a sign of balding? Yeah who cares, he's still hot.

Item number 2 : Vertical-striped nautical blazers.



Budget : 50 Euros for both.

*****

By the by, my mom lost 11 kilos and she can fit into some of the clothes I left back home. The thought of us sharing the same wardrobe scares me.

Eh. Why does everything seem to scare me lately?

No comments: