03 March 2011

Looking Forward To....

Ever been very excited for something to happen, that your mind keeps wandering back to the possibility of that thing actually happening, in which you can visualize the scene vividly in your head?

Right now I'm afraid that my eagerness would somehow will it into not happening. I know, I know, it's all in the power of visualizing your goal that has got every legit motivator out there preaching about.. But would too much of a positive energy surrounding a thought eventually backfire and scare the thought away from reality, preventing the scene from taking place at all?

I've told myself not to give it that much thought, you know, that if it happens, it's a bonus, but if it doesn't, well bummers, but no big deal whatsoever.

But you know how when someone asks you not to picture a pink polar bear wearing a snug fit t-shirt saying "I'm not overweight, I'm just a polar bear" that you will inevitably find yourself thinking exactly just that; a pink polar bear wearing a snug fit t-shirt saying "I'm not overweight, I'm just a polar bear"?

The power of planting ideas in one's head. Funny. Prior to getting those hopeful thoughts, I've been pretty content with the prospect that it might not actually happen. But now. Now that there's a glimmer of hope, and I've gotten myself quite worked up over the idea, it would be quite devastating if it actually doesn't happen. No. I would be fiercely crushed. I would stay in my room and sulk all day long, going out just for peeing and drinking water. Yeah. That bad.

So far I've told two souls about it and let's hope that's not jinxing it.

And now this post?

Well. I didn't actually give the news away so it doesn't count.

Fingers crossed!

*big cheshire cat smile*

In about two months time, if it does actually happen, this is how I will look like, all the time, even in my sleep:



(scroll down for a little visual help....)































Nite everyone!

No comments: