12 March 2011

Bad Evil Piggy

Starting from next week, boyfriend will continue his training at a new place; he is placed in an estate in Bahau. Compared to his training before, in which all the trainees were placed in the same training centre, this time, they were all separated into a group of two for each estate.

It does sound scary to me. Sometimes when he has to do rounds around the estate, he might ride his moto instead of his car, due to the better accessibility that a two-wheeler can provide.

Seeing as to how isolated an estate normally is, I asked him if he was scared. You know, ghosts and stuff.

Yeah right. Like a guy would admit he is, even he is scared shitless in his pants.

He said, of all the things that he might be scared of, ghosts would be the least of his worries.

So I asked, "If not ghosts, then, what else?"

"Feral pigs."

"Pigs?"

"Bukan babi biasa tu. Alpha male wild boars so naturally, they are very protective of their territory. You know how big one of those feral pig is? Just a little smaller than a fully-grown cow."

"Really? Oh ok." I wasn't really buying it. I mean, that big? Nahh.

"Apart from feral pigs, let's see, there are snakes, tigers, so yeah, ghosts would be the least of my worries. They can't touch you, they just sort of appear, and look scary."

Remembering the conversation we had, today I googled a bit about the feral pigs to learn more about it (it was an excuse for a 15-minute break from studying actually) and this is what I found out :

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-


Above : The pictures might all be hoaxes. I still want to put them here anyway.

The one above, the so-called 'hogzilla', has been featured in National Geographic so its authenticity is more reliable. Read more here.


Holy shit, they are monsters!

I also found this article, about the deaths of motorcyclists in Malaysia after unfortunate encounters with these pigs.

Though I bet the ones in Malaysia are not as huge as in the pictures. I hope (for my boyfriend and his friends' sake) they are not.

1 comment:

Feezah Hanimoon said...

kecik2 tak nak mampus. besar2 menyusahkan org plak vavi ni.