08 June 2011

I'm ok

I don't know why every now and then, I still believe that guarding my thoughts from you would be a good idea. Like I'm doing you a favor by sparing you the trouble to dwell in my emotional mess; all my (sometimes misguided) worries and fears in all their glory. I should have thought of that 5 years ago. It's too late now, you're in too deep.

My effort in holding everything in usually lasted not more than 15 minutes into our conversation. And it took you half the time to make everything falls into place again. You would say the single most rational thing that has been there right in front of me all along but I've somehow failed to see it. My train of thoughts navigate in the most peculiar ways.

You let me indulge in discussing about things I'm obsessed with, and I'm capable of being obsessed with a lot of things at any given time, like Machu Picchu that you now know all its history and architecture as much as I do (note : we're still not over the dispute of who has the better engineers, the Incas or the Egyptians). That is dedication.

For pulling me out of the rut today, thank you. I'm running out of thankyous to offer I probably have to let you be Troy next time and I'll be Hector (no promises that I'll stick to the script though, Hector might just not die).

No comments: