05 April 2011

I'm gonna turn 24 this year.

Feels like I've stopped registering the aging process about 4 years ago.

Quarter-life crisis?

Meh.

You see, the thing is, if someone throws a number between 5 till 19 at me , I can recall almost quite vividly the zeitgeist of that certain age of my life which I've gone through.

For instance, 7 was the year I got a sibling, without even asking for it, and I watched as the attention of the people around swiftly change to the dumpy baby who would amuse almost everyone by farting and laughing afterwards. Unbelievable.

11 was the year of idiotic obsession with boybands. Been there, done that. 13 was all about vampires. Yeah, been there, done that too.

16 was when I entered MRSM and the rooftop was the coolest place to hang out at.

From the age of 20 till present, everything seems to come together in a tangle, I can't tell year 20 and 23 apart. It's like the past 4 years are really just one prolonged year.

It's a mess alright, but a mess that I've developed a love/hate relationship with, and ultimately got me looking back in appreciation.

Let's switch off the sentimental mode for now. Sounds unfitting since it seems like I'll be staying here for quite a while.

So anyways. My heart's so bursting with giddiness and anticipation that I feel like telling the whole world about this.

Can't wait for next month. *insert James Franco grin here*

1 comment:

jiranhangyangxsampai10meterjauh said...

i envy u...
but so happy for you nonetheless =D