02 September 2010

Plenty of Paper

Months ago I saw a secret on PostSecret that is eerily similar to mine, that I have never told a soul. Reading them in words took out the monster from the secret in a way, that someone else somewhere in this world is sharing the same secret as mine.

I am ready to put that one final baggage to rest once I saw another secret plastered across PostSecret's website a couple of weeks ago. Even though I know there was hardly a chance in the entire lifetime that the secret was written by the person who has wronged me years and years ago, I accepted it as the person’s apology, gathered and sent in by the force of the universe. Now, I couldn’t reject an apology offered by the universal force, could I? I hope that that person will go on and have a good life. I do not hate that person as much as Ellen might hate Tiger Woods now, not that their actions are comparable in magnitude.

It was time to have an early spring cleaning. I deleted all of my previous posts.

The posts carry baggage that I didn’t need anymore, never needed anyway, so it was only fair to myself that I threw them away and made sure that they were burnt into ashes. And stomped and jumped on several times for good measures. Good riddance, I’d say.

Some of them were so filthy with self-pity and over-indulgent guilt-trip that is just unnecessary. I couldn't be held responsible for what happened in the world that I didn't have the ability to change or to prevent at that time. The person I am now is not the person who wrote all that stuff.

So long, fucked-up self-esteem. I wouldn't miss you like I'm going to miss my unreliable Compaq laptop, considering the fact that I'm going to get myself a new super slick MacBook. You know just where you stand.

No comments: