29 July 2012

Part 5 : Quest of The Ring..and Others.


Smacked tired. Bliss nevertheless. I'mma sleep like a baby tonight.

Went to have a look at the stuff to buy, in order to establish our final choices and more importantly, to have a establish our budget on each of the item. We can't go on a careless shopping spree and risk at the end of the day having a budget shortage for something super important like the ring. 

In terms of that, today was a success. The ring, the doorgift, invitation cards, hantaran and the fabric for wedding and akad nikah's ceremony; we have found the place, in which we have set our eyes on selected few items. We just need to sleep them over and hopefully by the next two weeks, when we meet again for kursus kahwin we can finalize our choice and set everything into motion. 

Mom told us to check out Jakel. They have this bridal package in which the bride gets to choose the fabric for dresses and the guy's fabric in matching color will come for free. The arrangement makes it looks like the bride is supposed to be the star of the day and the groom is just the handsome accessory, which of course is how things are meant to be! Weddings are for the bride! But not in my case apparently as my groom is the kind of man who actually cares about the color scheme being almost as much of a vainpot as I am. I've never spent that much time in a kedai kain before without being bored! Akak salesgirl dah muncung-muncung dah when we kept changing from one theme to another. Chill la, that's the first time we ever went to see the fabric for our wedding suit/dress, you can't expect us to make up our mind on the spot. 

They have every fabric imaginable, even the lace, beaded lining in any color and shapes, multi-tone chiffon fabric which is so Zuhair Murad pon ada. And the fabric comes in a broad price spectrum, from 240 per set to 2500. Pilihlah ikut kemampuan masing-masing. 

Final status : He wishes for me to dress up in brighter color for our wedding day while I'm still mulling over wearing cream/off-white for both our nikah and wedding day. I mean, it's a classic color right?? You can NEVER go wrong in it. Repetitive, yes, but....I don't know. But we have a few other options now to think over.

Wedding ring. First time I saw this rose gold/white gold ring with diamond-studded butterflies, I fell in love! Though I admit it's a tad too playful to be a wedding ring..he asked me to imagine being 50 years old and still wearing it. I mean he has a point but 50 is double my age now it's still a long way to go I can't really imagine it and well, when I reach 50, don't I deserve a new ring from my husband?? The butterfly ring can be turned into a pendant or something..

Before this I kinda like the diamond band thingy. But as I tried one after another after another just now, they simply do not look good on me. They look awkward on my ring finger! =( Frustrated, I asked him to pick one he likes to see best, disregarding my preference whatsoever. He chose this brilliant cut diamond ring, the diamond placed against a heart-shaped mini-diamond-studded plate. Good luck imagining it I know my description sucks so bad. So anyways, this ring looks very feminine, very timeless..I love it! I think I might consider my diamond-band-ring only policy. 

Doorgift. 

That'll have to wait some other time. So tired and sleepy right now.

Second week of Ramadhan. Have a blessed one! 


2 comments:

chadleyh said...

bright kaler? orange ka wey? teringat hg tunjuk kt aku gown yg butterfly byk2 tu. =D Cepat get married!!

jera said...

aku nakkkk gown tu~ wehh aku cr blk bau2 zuhair murad yg skirt flowy2 tu kekonon utk beach wedding kan dah takdak..dalam internet abes aku cr pon takdak..dlm blog rupanya aku dh delete post tu...sow sad!