15 July 2012

Bridezilla : Part 2 : Venue

In the office today. Trying to finish up some work since I've taken 3 days off last week. Next week the survey team for the new project will be mobilized to the middle of nowhere off the coast of Johor. I've no office laptop, so that means more things to be done once I got back from the survey. Working on my personal laptop is no use since I need access to this stupid server thingy which has the template ready for every kind of document/report to be written; I need to change whatever I wrote into the said template and the process is super tedious.

Or perhaps I shouldn't have came in to the office today, just so that my work would pile up just enough to drive the boss crazy and then I can complain about having to be sent off somewhere every alternating week without a laptop which renders me unable to do write-up on-site. But maybe, a laptop would just be a curse; the boss can just demand things to be sent on time. Arghh such is the dilemma.

So anyways. The boss asked if I still wanted to on on sampling. "You tak nak jage kecantikan ke babe?" referring to my impending wedding. Perhaps I'll stop somewhere in mid-October.

Back to the wedding plans. Got an SMS from girlfriend early this morning, hinting me on the promotion AirAsia will be carrying out starting tomorrow. She urged me to book fast. Appreciate her effort!

The thing is, the date is still up in the air to be decided. I'll be going back to Perlis this weekend, to discuss with mother-in-law-to-be about the date and the venue since we are having a double reception the reason being boyfriend can't afford to take too many day off, company kedekut cuti siot. AND since we share almost half mutual friends it would be kind of redundant and a waste to hold a wedding for more or less the same set of people back-to-back during the same weekend.

I know this could be a tricky path to thread in but Aunty Rohana doesn't seem like a cerewet mother-in-law so hopefully the planning and eveything will go well. How will this work? How about the color scheme; do we divide the hall into two separate sides with two themes??? Those are the things I've yet to find out.

One of the possible venue is the one by the lake. Tapi nak buat siang ka malam? Kalau siang baru nampak tasik, tapi panas nya tambah-tambah panas Perlis uishhh kalah panas padang pasir. Kalau malam buat outdoor tak nampak tasik pulak. Dilemma.

Last night, a girlfriend asked me to check out this other venue, facing the beach tapi seriously, beach kat Kuala Perlis? Bau kola, mood-killer kot. But I'll try to drop by the place when I go back to Perlis next weekend.

For the time being, am contemplating peach-cream with dark brown color scheme.

Things are moving slow...when do I get to try on the dream wedding dress??

3 comments:

Feezah Hanimoon said...

dewan sekolah cina kt kangaq tu sewa skali meja kerusi, fully air-cond just rm2000. boleh kata lg murah dari nk sewa khemah n kenduri tgh rembang. boleh spend more dkt decorations n so on. tak tau la kot rate dh naik harga.

Feezah Hanimoon said...

nk tmbh extra info. kalau nk book honeymoon tix, jgn book berbulan2 lepas nikah. sebabnya ada member dol trpaksa burn tix ngn segala tempahan hotel suma sebab ada pregnancy probs. bukan apa...kot rezeki dapat awal. ada benda kadang2 tak leh control. hehehe.

jera said...

Moon..last2 decide untuk book dewan yang ada everything; kerusi meja makan suma. Btw haritu time bincang2 ada gak nama dewan hg sebut tu dlm conversation. Harap2 ok la Ocean Glow tu. Aku dengaq angin dia boleh tahan kuat. Habis turban chek satgi..

Honeymoon tu masih dalam perbincangan..kalau ikut nak right after wedding kot. Tengok la macam mana,,