03 October 2011

I Dream A Little Dream

I like the sound of water cascading into water. It has the most calming effect on me. And on most people, I believe. It clears up the mind. Washes away any worries. Rejuvenates withering spirit.

Maybe that's what God created the sound of waves and fountains for.

The reason why I like to do my reading and writing in the park lately, whenever the weather permits.

So I suggested to him that we settle down someday somewhere near a beautiful public park. Somewhere like Taman Lagenda Langkawi. He said let's have our house with a park instead.

But I said I wanted one that has a lake with a giant water fountain. He said well, let's have that too.

And just like that, he made my day. I love that we can dream the craziest things up and we would try to make sense of it until it actually makes (half) sense. Like how we wanted to retire in our 30s and go backpacking around the world. We actually had a written plan on that and we had a lot of laughs while coming up with it. Perfect conversation/discussion for a dreamer and a half-dreamer/half-realist pair.

I don't care if we couldn't realize all of the dreams we have because at least I know with him, we'll have fun and make fun of the gloomiest of circumstances, as we had in the past. I hope things stay this way between us.




But darling, the pet pony with rainbow-colored tail I want, and that's non-negotiable.

No comments: