01 October 2011

Humor Me, Please.

Psychologists say that comedy serves our need to laugh at someone whose fate is worse than ours in order for us to forget feeling sorry for our sad, miserable life, at least for a while.

Really?

Considering that Malaysians still laugh at the slapstick comedies involving tripping over stuff and making themselves look stupid, I'd say the theory is not far off from reality.

But roasting a public figure for their downfall on live TV while that person is present?

I mean, I can't never understand that. That's just plain mean. Even though Paris Hilton (who's that again?) can be quite annoying sometimes and Charlie Sheen is just an asshole I still think nobody deserves to be humiliated like that for the sake of making other people laugh.

I watched few excerpts from Charlie Sheen's Roast to see what's the hype all about since his TV show was handed over to Mr. Demi Moore but I can't find it funny. He clearly has issues, but to laugh at someone on their way down is just plain cruel. Anyone who finds that funny has a pretty sick sense of humor.

Why can't we just stick to sitcoms?

No comments: