26 June 2012

Morning Glory

Almost everyday as I walk to my car around 8.30 in the morning, she will be on the floor where my car was parked, engrossed with sweeping the whole area clean. Normally she won't be too far from my car. 

As I walked past her, I'll be sure to make eye contact, to smile and wish her good morning. She always seem glad, a smile would spread across her face, eyes wrinkled as she greets me back. The usual question Malaysians love would follow, "Sudah sarapan?" to which I would raise my coffee-to-go mug, the substance that must be pumped into my system in the morning, lest I would turn into scary female Hulk. Sometimes she would ask me about my mom and grandma. 

I think, and I might be very wrong here, that she purposely does that, choosing the right time to be near my car so as to bump into me, to exchange that trivial pleasantries, even for a brief moment. 

6 billion people in the world. And still the world can get very lonely sometimes. I know that perhaps a little too well. 

No comments: